1. Became President of the United States of America in 1860
2. Issued the Emancipation Proclamation and wrote the Gettysburg
Address; believed that the United States was one nation, not
a collection of independent states
3. Was commander of the Army of Northern Virginia; opposed
secession, but did not believe that the Union should be held
together by force
4. Was general of the Union Army that defeated Robert E. Lee
5. Was a skilled Confederate cavalry officer, "the eyes of
North or South?
Match the abolitionist
would you do?
Be a columnist
SOL Civil War key word index