Stafford County has awarded tourism sponsorships totaling $55,000 to eight programs and organizations.
This was the first year for the sponsorship program, which requires recipients to design programs or events that encourage visitors to Stafford. Funds awarded ranged from $2,500 to $10,000, and leveraged an additional $330,000 in marketing for Stafford Tourism.
- Gari Melchers Belmont and Riverside Center for the Performing Arts: $5,000 for a group marketing program
- Gari Melchers Home and Studio at Belmont: $10,000 for expanded Art After Hours events
- Riverside Center for the Performing Arts: $5,000 for its Discover Riverside marketing program
- Adventure Brewing Company: $10,000 for Oktoberfest
- Barley Naked Brewing Company: $2,500 for its 4th of July event
- Brandonbilt Motorsports: $2,500 for a marketing program
- Stafford Soccer: $10,000 for a St. Paddy’s Day Soccer Tournament
- Special Olympics: $10,000 for a Special Olympics basketball tournament.