Local SEO for Your Small Business
There are over 28 million small businesses across America. Therefore, being visible to your local area is extremely important. Search engines such as Google and Bing, know this as well. They have given increased focus to personalized search results which prioritize websites that are local (depending on the type of search).
Local SEO has caused a shift in how companies execute an SEO plan. Gone are the days of building a website and hiring someone to build a bunch of links to expect you'll get the results you need to build your business. The modern search landscape requires a more sophisticated, and well-rounded approach to building coveted visibility in the search engines.
The world of SEO is now open to collaboration and sharing tactics that are going to work best for your business. After all, the right businesses being visible in local search results is not just good for your business, it's also great for the search engines as it helps people find what they're looking for.
BH Digital has collaborated to create this checklist on how to gain the best local SEO visibility for your business.
- Well Designed Website that is mobile responsive.
- An onsite blog
- Business address and phone number and hours on the top part of your website
- Customer Reviews
- Customer contact form
- Keyword research for local SEO
- High quality content
- Pages associated to local content
- Clean URL for every page
- Unique titles, headings, alt tags, and page descriptions using keywords
- Internal and external links.
- A well filled out Facebook Business page and Twitter page
- Google My Business
- Bing for Business
- Pictures and video with correct alt tags
- Listing on local directory’s like FindIt, or yellowpages.
- Yelp listing
- Reviews on Google, and respond to all reviews
- Google webmaster tool
- Google Analytics.