1100 block of Green Tree Road, 02/04, 12:47 a.m. On this date, Deputy Kellogg observed a vehicle running with loud music playing. There was also an open container of alcohol in plain view in the center console. The deputy knocked on the window for several minutes to wake up the driver. Eventually, the driver woke up and was identified as Lamont Walker, 35, of Fredericksburg. The deputy detected the strong odor of an alcoholic beverage emanating from the vehicle. The driver was very sluggish and unsteady on his feet as he exited the vehicle. In addition, his eyes were bloodshot and glassy, and his speech was slurred. He was taken into custody and incarcerated at Rappahannock Regional Jail on charges of driving under the influence and drinking while operating a motor vehicle.
- Indian Point Road, 02/01. Victim reported a breaking and entering at his new residence. The victim told deputies that he was moving into the house that day and found the tub running and water was filled to about an inch below the top of the tub. He also found sand at the bottom of the tub. The investigation is ongoing.
- Walmart, 217 Garrisonville Road, 02/03. Victim reported wallet stolen after leaving it in a cart at the store on 01/31. She subsequently learned of two fraudulent charges on her credit card account. The investigation is ongoing.
- Chestnut Drive, 02/03. License plate reported stolen from a work van. There are no suspects at this time.
- Wawa, 9 South Gateway Drive, 02/02. Store employees observed a male subject put beer in his pocket and leave the store on foot. 1st Sgt. Purcell located a male subject in the middle of Warrenton Road. Store employees confirmed the subject was the suspect behind the larceny. John Perry, 55, of Fredericksburg was taken into custody and incarcerated at Rappahannock Regional Jail without bond for concealment of merchandise, third offense.
- 103 West Cambridge Street, 02/01. A traffic stop for expired tags led to the arrest of a female subject for driving suspended. Sheriff’s Office personnel also learned the subject, identified as Tamika Mcrae, 31, of Fredericksburg was wanted for failure to appear on a driving suspended charge out of Hampton, VA. She was taken into custody and served her outstanding warrants as well as a new warrant for driving suspended. She received a $2000 unsecured bond for her outstanding warrant as well as a $2000 unsecured bond for her new charge.
- Walmart, 217 Garrisonville Road, 02/01, 4:33 p.m. Victim reported hit and run. She told deputies that while she was inside the store her vehicle was struck, causing damage. A witness told her a large vehicle struck her vehicle. The investigation is ongoing.
- Burger King, 740 Warrenton Road, 02/03, 2:47 p.m. Unknown male subject paid for food with a counterfeit $100 bill. The incident is under investigation.
- 100 block of Southern View Drive, 02/03. Victim reported damage to the windshield washer nozzles and hood of her vehicle. The investigation is ongoing.
This report does not encompass all of the reported crimes that may have occurred in the county, but only those noted for media interest. Anyone with information regarding the incidents listed in this report is asked to contact the Stafford County Sheriff’s Office at (540) 658-4400.