- Geico, 1 Geico Boulevard, 04/04, 4:56 p.m. Victim reported that her vehicle was “keyed” while parked outside the business. The incident remains under investigation.
HIT AND RUN
- 275 Leeland Road, 04/03. Victim reported discovering damage to the front end of his vehicle after parking it at the commuter lot for the day. The incident remains under investigation.
- 300 Block of Interstate Business Park, 04/04, 5:00 p.m. Victim reported larceny of vehicle tags. The incident remains under investigation.
- 1348 Courthouse Road, Dollar General, 04/04. Victim reported iPad stolen while at the store between 1:00 and 1:30 p.m. A delivery driver had placed the iPad on a coffee display near the front of the store while making a delivery. The incident remains under investigation.
- Newton’s Motel, 436 Cambridge Street, 04/04, 8:17 p.m. On this date, Deputy Richardson was traveling northbound on Cambridge Street when he observed a vehicle swerving in the roadway. The deputy activated his emergency equipment and conducted a traffic stop. The vehicle pulled into the parking lot of Newton’s Motel and the deputy made contact with the driver who was identified as Moris Bojorquez, 52, of Fredericksburg. He detected the strong odor of an alcoholic beverage emanating from the vehicle. An open container of alcohol was observed in plain view on the passenger side floor. The driver admitted to drinking from that container while driving. Field sobriety tests were subsequently conducted and Bojorquez was taken into custody. Deputies also learned the vehicle’s inspection was void and insurance expired. He was incarcerated at Rappahannock Regional Jail on a $2000 secured bond for driving under the influence, drinking while operating a motor vehicle, no driver’s license, a traffic lane violation, expired inspection, possession of a vehicle title issued to another, and no insurance.
This report does not encompass all of the reported crimes that may have occurred in the county, but only those noted for media interest. Anyone with information regarding the incidents listed in this report is asked to contact the Stafford County Sheriff’s Office at (540) 658-4400.